1897, the first steam laundry was introduced in Denison by Mr. Wolcott of Chicago. It was located in the Welch building at the corner of Sweet Street (14th St) and Broadway.
The Tabor House was located on the corner south of the Balle Brodersen store. It was divided into sections and moved in 1917. More on page 396.
November 1893 – Mr. and Mrs. L.M. Shaw sent 300 “At Home” reception invitations to attend their “house warming” on November 24th from 7:00 – 11:00 p.m. More than three hundred guests came. The Egermeyer Orchestra from Carroll played in the hall upstairs. The rooms were decorated with smilax and flowers. A caterer from Omaha served chicken salad, ice cream and confectionery. The Shaws entertained one hundred fifty young people the next day.